- This event has passed.
Western Canada 2018 Summer camp
July 6 - July 11
We (the SMA Family Camp PAC West) would like to update you on some changes to this year’s camp.
• Kerri of CRIS Adaptive Adventures is no longer planning the camp.
• We (the PAC) are taking over in planning the camp.
• The CRIS team will still be at the camp to provide adaptive adventures like hiking, kayaking and biking, for two days.
• We have a great schedule planned for this year’s camp in addition to the CRIS activities: Swimming, crafts, a special outing and of course connecting with other families are some of the other activities.
• Since the PAC is now planning the camp, there will be requirements from all families to help with some camp activities to ensure the camp is a successful one for everyone. For example, just like last year we have generous volunteers who will cook for all families, however, we need families to help out with setup/cleanup after each meal. Camp Hope is a great facility with a large kitchen so things should be really smooth! 🙂
• The cost for camp is greatly reduced for families attending this year’s camp from some generous donors. The family fee is dependent on the level of accommodation you choose. We will get some ballpark pricing to you as soon as possible, but we need confirmation from families that are already committed to coming as this will help in getting the numbers more accurate.
• For those families who have contacted Kerri, please just double check with Joel to ensure your family is on the list in attending camp.
• Donations: any families who know of organizations that can donate to camp please contact Joel as well. All donations will help bring the cost down for families.
For any family with a member (or more) affected by SMA in Western Canada, Washington, or Oregon. You are cordially invited to attend the 2018 SMA Family Camp West! The SMA Family Camp West committee, and Camp Coordinator, have been busy sorting out the details for an awesome 2018 camp; they have secured a facility and are now gearing up for some fundraising and planning.
2018 Camp Details:
WHO: This annual camp is for families with a member (or more) who has SMA. Families attend from all over Western Canada and possibly Washington and Oregon.
WHAT: This is an adaptive adventure family camp. Camp activities include, but are not limited to: adaptive hiking, paddling, cycling, crafts, games, excursions, as well as some parents only/relaxing time.
WHY: This camp is an opportunity for families affected by SMA to come together to bond and support each other, as well as to experience new adventures, have fun, and relax!
WHERE: Camp will be hosted at Camp Hope/Mountainview Conference Centre (near Hope British Columbia, same location as the 2016 camp).
WHEN: 6 days 5 nights from July 6th – 11th 2018.